Part 1 of a 2-part interview (checkout episode 040 for part 1). Travis “T-Bone” Turner, co-host of the Bone Collector and Realtree Road Trips TV shows, is described on the Outdoor Channel’s website as the “go-to-guy for anything archery, a constant cut-up, and the man with the uncanny ability to consistently take home big game.” He decided to leave an enjoyable and well-paying job at Mercedes so that he could pursue his passion in archery and the outdoors, despite all the uncertainties of this huge career change.
Guest’s Opening Quote:
“It wasn’t like I had a goal to be on a TV show back in the early 90’s. Meaning I just wanted to do something in the outdoor industry and I was open minded enough to know that if doors opened for me, I would be open minded to it and take those opportunities.”
More About My Guest:
His father was a hunter. His grandfather was a hunter. He became a hunter at a very young age, although he didn’t start bowhunting until highschool. He has started his own archery business, he is well known for his TV role on [Realtree’s Road Trips][realtree] and [Bone Collector][bone] shows, he has held the Outdoor 3-D Archery World Champion title. Travis also works closely with conservation organizations including Whitetails Unlimited and the National Wild Turkey Federation. When Travis is not traveling, he lives in Hogansville, Ga., with his wife, Michelle, and their son, Archer. TRIVIA: His favorite vegetable is Cheetos (confirmed by T-Bone during the interview)
- T-Bone Outdoors website
- Connect with Travis on his Facebook page
- Follow Travis on Twitter
- Follow Travis on Instagram
- BoneCollector.com website
- Whitetails Unlimited website
- National Wild Turkey Federation website
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see to the left of this post and be sure to tell your hunting buddies as well.
A couple suggestions regarding ways that you can support the show and two ways to get something for FREE:
- Go to iTunes with this link Bowhunting Freedom with Philip Havens and leave an honest rating and review (one sentence is great). I assure you that I read each and every one. It is extremely valuable to me as a podcast content producer to have fans leaving a rating and/or a written review. I am extremely thankful to those who have taken the time to go into my listing in iTunes to provide an honest rating and a review. The show is also on Stitcher Radio if you are a fan of Android devices.
- Download the FREE career guide: BowhuntingFreedom.com/guide
- Download your first audiobook for FREE just for starting a 30 day trial of Audible. AudibleTrial.com/freedom. Choose from 180,000+ bestsellers, new releases, sci-fi, romances, mysteries, classics, and more. The service works with iPhones, Android phone, other smartphones, Kindles, tablets, and mp3 players. Go ahead and give it a try, no obligation and you get one book for free.
- Do you shop at Amazon.com? Please use my Amazon affiliate link to support me on purchases you are already making, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to you. As a matter of fact, you can make this really easy by creating a bookmark for Amazon.com to use BowhuntingFreedom.com/amazon
- Want to Know When the Next Bowhunting Freedom Podcast is Released? Get the Bowhunting Freedom newsletter: BowhuntingFreedom.com/newsletter
- Tell all of your friends about the podcast and encourage them to listen, subscribe, and leave a review.