In this show, my guest shares some tips about getting started and working in the outdoor industry. Dustin Vaughn Warncke is an avid outdoorsman and an authority in sales and marketing with a specialization in the outdoor industry. He started building websites in the late 1990’s. During his college years and shortly after, he authored and self-published three books both in fiction and non-fiction.
Additionally, Warncke has served as a motivational and keynote speaker and master teacher and worked with numerous small businesses in sales, marketing, website development, and business consulting. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Texas Lutheran University.
Guest’s Opening Quote:
“Do the work that you are given first and then see what things develop. I held onto that. That was really powerful to me. Do the work that you can find first, that you are given first, the opportunities that you are given first and start networking and building value-based relationships with people and the good things happen.”
About My Guest:
Dustin is an avid outdoor writer, author, speaker, web designer, marketer, videographer, and business consultant as well as an authority in the outdoor industry. Teaching young outdoorsmen and women as well as adults who are new to the sport of hunting, fishing, bowfishing, and other outdoor adventures is his passion.
In addition, Dustin also serves as marketing director and co-host for Mac & Prowler’s Coyote Tales TV Show and has filmed and been featured in several TV shows featuring products as well as rifle, shotgun, and archery tech tip segments. He also films, edits, and produces his own hunting, fishing, and other outdoor adventures. Many of his video productions have been featured on regional and national television networks in the US.
Dustin is also a regular contributor to www.macandprowler.com as well as other websites and his own blog. He currently serves as a contributing editor for Texas Fish & Game Magazine and has written several feature articles. TF&G is currently the largest independently owned outdoor magazine in the nation and the largest and most popular outdoor publication in the state of Texas. One of Dustin’s articles was also featured in the first edition of Big Game Illustrated’s digital magazine, Big Game Online. More articles are planned to be featured BGI in the future as well.
- Dustin’s Projects website
- Dustin’s Blog
- Article “So, You Want To Be Pro-Staff?”
- Article “Growing Your Business In The Outdoor Industry”
- Dustin on Twitter
- Dustin recommended two books by author Rory Vaden Procrastinate on Purpose: 5 Permissions To Multiply Your Time and Take the Stairs: 7 Steps to Achieving True Success
- Get Dustin’s book The Hunting Ranch, Outfitter and Guide’s Marketing Handbook on Amazon
- Get Dustin’s book The Outdoor TV Show’s Guide to the Industry on Amazon
- Get Dustin’s book Urban Bowhunting: The Guide to Hunting Small Properties for Big Game on Amazon
- Get Dustin’s book The Best of the Outdoors: Making the Most of Your Hunting and Fishing Experiences on Amazon
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see below this post and be sure to tell your hunting buddies as well.
A couple suggestions regarding ways that you can support the show and two ways to get something for FREE:
- Go to iTunes with this link Bowhunting Freedom with Philip Havens and leave an honest rating and review (one sentence is great). I assure you that I read each and every one. It is extremely valuable to me as a podcast content producer to have fans leaving a rating and/or a written review. I am extremely thankful to those who have taken the time to go into my listing in iTunes to provide an honest rating and a review. The show is also on Stitcher Radio if you are a fan of Android devices.
- Download the FREE career guide: BowhuntingFreedom.com/guide
- Download your first audiobook for FREE just for starting a 30 day trial of Audible. AudibleTrial.com/freedom. Choose from 180,000+ bestsellers, new releases, sci-fi, romances, mysteries, classics, and more. The service works with iPhones, Android phone, other smartphones, Kindles, tablets, and mp3 players. Go ahead and give it a try, no obligation and you get one book for free.
- Do you shop at Amazon.com? Please use my Amazon affiliate link to support me on purchases you are already making, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to you. As a matter of fact, you can make this really easy by creating a bookmark for Amazon.com to use BowhuntingFreedom.com/amazon
- Want to Know When the Next Bowhunting Freedom Podcast is Released? Get the Bowhunting Freedom newsletter: BowhuntingFreedom.com/newsletter
- Tell all of your friends about the podcast and encourage them to listen, subscribe, and leave a review.