Scott Lavin talks about the importance of building a network to enhance your career options. One great way that he talks about is volunteering at different companies or organizations and working shoulder-to-shoulder with other people. There are all kinds of opportunities available and having a big network of people will help you find the right one for you.
Career freedom looks different for every one of us. What does it look like for you? Is it time freedom? Is it financial freedom? Is it freedom of location? Is it freedom of purpose? Is it relational freedom?
Guest’s Opening Quote:
“Change doesn’t come natural, so having people saying you really should do that, yeah, you’re a good fit here, we like you….. but volunteering will definitely explode your network.”
About My Guest:
Scott currently serves as the Wildlife Recreation Branch Chief for the Arizona Game and Fish Department where he has been for about 3 years. After high school he went on to college and graduated from the University of Maryland. He then went on to serve as an officer in the United States Army for over seven years. After his Army service, Scott worked in the retail business as a manager for Dick’s Sporting Goods. He has also worked for other retail companies, including Home Depot as a manager, specifically in the Asset Protection area. And somewhere along there he managed to squeeze in an MBA degree.
- Arizona Game and Fish website
- Connect with Arizona Game and Fish on Facebook
- Follow Arizona Game and Fish on Twitter
- Watch videos from Arizona Game and Fish on Youtube
- Scott’s book recommendations “Good To Great” by Jim Collins and “Who Moved My Cheese?” by Spencer Johnson
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see below this post and be sure to tell your hunting buddies as well.
A couple suggestions regarding ways that you can support the show and two ways to get something for FREE:
- Go to iTunes with this link Bowhunting Freedom with Philip Havens and leave an honest rating and review (one sentence is great). I assure you that I read each and every one. It is extremely valuable to me as a podcast content producer to have fans leaving a rating and/or a written review. I am extremely thankful to those who have taken the time to go into my listing in iTunes to provide an honest rating and a review. The show is also on Stitcher Radio if you are a fan of Android devices.
- Download the FREE career guide: BowhuntingFreedom.com/guide
- Do you shop at Amazon.com? Please use my Amazon affiliate link to support me on purchases you are already making, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to you. As a matter of fact, you can make this really easy by creating a bookmark for Amazon.com to use BowhuntingFreedom.com/amazon
- Want to Know When the Next Bowhunting Freedom Podcast is Released? Get the Bowhunting Freedom newsletter: BowhuntingFreedom.com/newsletter
- Tell all of your friends about the podcast and encourage them to listen, subscribe, and leave a review.