Have you ever dreamed about making a big move, but just couldn’t bring yourself to do it? Join me as Rick, an avid bowhunter explains how and why he made the huge move from Connecticut to Montana with his wife, five kids, and no confirmed job in order to pursue his life-long ambitions for fly fishing and bowhunting. Also learn how his “awesome” wife supported him in going after his big dream, despite the big risks.
Guest’s Opening Quote:
“I think that when my job changed, it forced me to make that decision. I’m glad that it did. At the time it didn’t feel good, but as soon as I made the decision, I was super excited!”
More About My Guest:
Rick is a fly fishing guide in Dillon Montana working primarily on the Big Hole River and the Beaverhead River. Rick grew up in Connecticut with fly fishing and bowhunting as his two primary passions.
For years Rick dreamed of living in Montana for the exceptional hunting and fishing opportunities and when his career changed, he decided to do something he loved and moved his family to Montana. With five kids and no clear position for work, it was a little scary at first, but in his 40’s it was now or never.
Rick works in the insurance industry, but has a generous amount of vacation time that allows him to guide fly fishermen for a considerable number of days and to pursue his passion as a bowhunter, chasing down elk and deer in southwest Montana.
- Rick mentioned the book Think and Grow Rich: by Napoleon Hill – a best-seller as one of his early sources of motivation and mind set.
- Send Rick an email at rickkmt68 (at) gmail.com – replace (at) with the @ symbol
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see to the left of this post and be sure to tell your hunting buddies as well.
A couple suggestions regarding ways that you can support the show and two ways to get something for FREE:
- Go to iTunes with this link Bowhunting Freedom with Philip Havens and leave an honest rating and review (one sentence is great). I assure you that I read each and every one. It is extremely valuable to me as a podcast content producer to have fans leaving a rating and/or a written review. I am extremely thankful to those who have taken the time to go into my listing in iTunes to provide an honest rating and a review. The show is also on Stitcher Radio if you are a fan of Android devices.
- Download the FREE career guide: BowhuntingFreedom.com/guide
- Download your first audiobook for FREE just for starting a 30 day trial of Audible. AudibleTrial.com/freedom. Choose from 180,000+ bestsellers, new releases, sci-fi, romances, mysteries, classics, and more. The service works with iPhones, Android phone, other smartphones, Kindles, tablets, and mp3 players. Go ahead and give it a try, no obligation and you get one book for free.
- Do you shop at Amazon.com? Please use my Amazon affiliate link to support me on purchases you are already making, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to you. As a matter of fact, you can make this really easy by creating a bookmark for Amazon.com to use BowhuntingFreedom.com/amazon
- Want to Know When the Next Bowhunting Freedom Podcast is Released? Get the Bowhunting Freedom newsletter: BowhuntingFreedom.com/newsletter
- Tell all of your friends about the podcast and encourage them to listen, subscribe, and leave a review.