What is the biggest limiting factor in your career or business? Is it perhaps your own mindset or your belief that big success is only for other people? Join me as Nick Pinizzotto, a passionate bowhunter, explains how he overcame his own “small-town thinking” to become President of the Sportsmen’s Alliance, a leading organization in the fight to protect our hunting, fishing, trapping, and shooting heritage across the country. About one year after the original release of this interview, Nick has moved on to become the President and CEO of the National Deer Alliance.
Guest’s Opening Quote:
“The only thing stopping me quite frankly was my just own mindset, that was for other people. I come from a very small town. We all grew up hunting. and all that, but no one really thinks they will actually be in Outdoor Life Magazine for example. My own limited imagination, I think, was where I wasted some time.”
More About My Guest:
At the time of recording this interview, Nick was the President and CEO of the Sportsmen’s Alliance. Before going to the Sportsmen’s Alliance, Nick was CEO of Delta Waterfowl Foundation based in Bismarck, North Dakota, and prior to that he served as Associate Vice President at Western Pennsylvania Conservancy for 11 years. Nick also started Apparition Scents, a deer scent company, which he later sold and the company still thrives today. He is originally from Indiana, Pennsylvania and he grew up in an outdoors oriented family. In addition to raising English red-tick coonhounds, he helped his father raise pheasants, quail, chuckars and doves. Nick is a lifelong outdoorsman with particular fondness for bowhunting whitetail deer, but he enjoys all types of hunting and fishing. He is also a published outdoor writer, photographer, videographer, and blogger at www.whitetailwriter.com and he holds a bachelor’s degree in environmental geography and a master’s degree in psychology.
Nick considers himself to be an optimist and there is a blog post from October where he wrote about this. “My general optimism as an archery hunter is strikingly similar to the scene in the popular comedy movie Dumb and Dumber where Lloyd is told by his love interest Mary that there’s just a one in a million chance that they could end up together. Lloyd’s memorable reply is, ‘So you’re saying there’s a chance?’ Nick goes on to say – For many of us, that’s all we need to know, is that there’s a chance that something great can happen in the deer woods to get us out there, even if it is slim to none.”
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see below this post and be sure to tell your hunting buddies as well.
A couple suggestions regarding ways that you can support the show and two ways to get something for FREE:
- Go to iTunes with this link Bowhunting Freedom with Philip Havens and leave an honest rating and review (one sentence is great). I assure you that I read each and every one. It is extremely valuable to me as a podcast content producer to have fans leaving a rating and/or a written review. I am extremely thankful to those who have taken the time to go into my listing in iTunes to provide an honest rating and a review. The show is also on Stitcher Radio if you are a fan of Android devices.
- Download the FREE career guide: BowhuntingFreedom.com/guide
- Download your first audiobook for FREE just for starting a 30 day trial of Audible. AudibleTrial.com/freedom. Choose from 180,000+ bestsellers, new releases, sci-fi, romances, mysteries, classics, and more. The service works with iPhones, Android phone, other smartphones, Kindles, tablets, and mp3 players. Go ahead and give it a try, no obligation and you get one book for free.
- Do you shop at Amazon.com? Please use my Amazon affiliate link to support me on purchases you are already making, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to you. As a matter of fact, you can make this really easy by creating a bookmark for Amazon.com to use BowhuntingFreedom.com/amazon
- Want to Know When the Next Bowhunting Freedom Podcast is Released? Get the Bowhunting Freedom newsletter: BowhuntingFreedom.com/newsletter
- Tell all of your friends about the podcast and encourage them to listen, subscribe, and leave a review.