This is part 1 of a 2-part interview. Be sure to checkout part 2 on episode 038 if you missed it. Mike is the man behind the microphone of the Up North Journal Podcast. He creates an outdoor-centric lifestyle by working his full-time 25 year television career along with his passion for the outdoors as a podcaster with his outdoor podcast. How would you recover from a house smashing tornado and a house fire in the same year? What tests or trials or difficult challenges have you had to face and how have you recovered from them? Listen to Mike reveal what he did during some extremely difficult times.
Guest’s Opening Quote:
“Now there are a lot of jobs in the outdoor industry that do pay well. There are engineers and manufacturing jobs, people that make products. Whether it be your bow companies or your rifle companies, camo, what have you…. optics companies. There are those jobs. There are marketing jobs, sales jobs, there are all kinds of jobs that do pay well.”
More About My Guest:
Mike works full-time as a Director at a television station and pursues his passion for the outdoors on his own time. His knowledge from working in the television industry for 25 years and his lifetime love of the outdoors led to the birth of the Up North Journal eight years ago and made it into what it is today. Along with being a podcaster on the Up North Journal, Mike is also a pro-staffer for Mossy Oak and Cabela’s, and is a product representative for Vortex Optics.
- Up North Journal website
- Connect with Up North Journal Facebook page
- Follow Mike on Twitter
- Mike suggested the book series “The Survivalist” by Jerry Ahern. The series has been out of print for awhile.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see to the left of this post and be sure to tell your hunting buddies as well.
A couple suggestions regarding ways that you can support the show and two ways to get something for FREE:
- Go to iTunes with this link Bowhunting Freedom with Philip Havens and leave an honest rating and review (one sentence is great). I assure you that I read each and every one. It is extremely valuable to me as a podcast content producer to have fans leaving a rating and/or a written review. I am extremely thankful to those who have taken the time to go into my listing in iTunes to provide an honest rating and a review. The show is also on Stitcher Radio if you are a fan of Android devices.
- Download the FREE career guide: BowhuntingFreedom.com/guide
- Download your first audiobook for FREE just for starting a 30 day trial of Audible. AudibleTrial.com/freedom. Choose from 180,000+ bestsellers, new releases, sci-fi, romances, mysteries, classics, and more. The service works with iPhones, Android phone, other smartphones, Kindles, tablets, and mp3 players. Go ahead and give it a try, no obligation and you get one book for free.
- Do you shop at Amazon.com? Please use my Amazon affiliate link to support me on purchases you are already making, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to you. As a matter of fact, you can make this really easy by creating a bookmark for Amazon.com to use BowhuntingFreedom.com/amazon
- Want to Know When the Next Bowhunting Freedom Podcast is Released? Get the Bowhunting Freedom newsletter: BowhuntingFreedom.com/newsletter
- Tell all of your friends about the podcast and encourage them to listen, subscribe, and leave a review.