Have you ever thought about becoming an outdoor writer, author, blogger, podcaster, or other type of bowhunting or outdoor communicator? Listen as Lindsay Thomas Jr. shares his career experiences, advice, and encouragement as a journalist, an author, an outdoor writer, and as a magazine and website editor.
Guest’s Opening Quote:
“If you had told me to pick up the phone and call the editor of Outdoor Life I’d have thought, are you crazy, you can’t just do that. Well of course you can, you can pick up the phone, you can write an email and reach out to folks. They are, in my experience as a magazine editor and now the editor of a website, they’re looking for content.”
More About My Guest:
Lindsay is the Director of Communications for the Quality Deer Management Association and the editor of Quality Whitetails Magazine, the journal of the QDMA. In addition to producing QDMA’s magazine, he served as editor and a contributing author of QDMA’s newest book, Deer Cameras: The Science of Scouting, and he was co-editor and contributing author of QDMA’s book Quality Food Plots. Lindsay has also written multiple e-books for the Kindle app, as well as some hunting fiction, and he has published hundreds of articles on deer hunting and management in numerous publications and websites. Prior to joining the staff of QDMA, Lindsay was an editor at the Georgia Outdoor News for nine years. He earned his journalism degree at the University of Georgia and he lives in Georgia with his wife, Anne, and their three children. And a tidbit of trivia about Lindsay, he plays the acoustic guitar.
- QDMA website
- QDMA’s Facebook page
- Follow Lindsay Thomas on Twitter at @LindsayThomasJr
- Follow the QDMA on Twitter at @TheQDMA
The two books that were mentioned in Lindsay’s introduction are noted below, if you’d like to check them out:
- Deer Cameras the Science of Scouting
- Quality Food Plots – Your Guide to Better Deer and Better Deer Hunting
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see to the left of this post and be sure to tell your hunting buddies as well.
A couple suggestions regarding ways that you can support the show and two ways to get something for FREE:
- Go to iTunes with this link Bowhunting Freedom with Philip Havens and leave an honest rating and review (one sentence is great). I assure you that I read each and every one. It is extremely valuable to me as a podcast content producer to have fans leaving a rating and/or a written review. I am extremely thankful to those who have taken the time to go into my listing in iTunes to provide an honest rating and a review. The show is also on Stitcher Radio if you are a fan of Android devices.
- Download the FREE career guide: BowhuntingFreedom.com/guide
- Download your first audiobook for FREE just for starting a 30 day trial of Audible. AudibleTrial.com/freedom. Choose from 180,000+ bestsellers, new releases, sci-fi, romances, mysteries, classics, and more. The service works with iPhones, Android phone, other smartphones, Kindles, tablets, and mp3 players. Go ahead and give it a try, no obligation and you get one book for free.
- Do you shop at Amazon.com? Please use my Amazon affiliate link to support me on purchases you are already making, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to you. As a matter of fact, you can make this really easy by creating a bookmark for Amazon.com to use BowhuntingFreedom.com/amazon
- Want to Know When the Next Bowhunting Freedom Podcast is Released? Get the Bowhunting Freedom newsletter: BowhuntingFreedom.com/newsletter
- Tell all of your friends about the podcast and encourage them to listen, subscribe, and leave a review.