Kip Adams is a wildlife biologist at the QDMA, a highly respected industry expert on the topic of deer. Join me as he offers career advice to anyone interested specifically in wildlife biology, but also regarding any career in the bowhunting and outdoor industries. One point he makes is that there are many more career opportunities in these industries today than there were even a decade ago.
Guest’s Opening Quote:
“Things are very different today, because there are a lot of more private jobs available with this (career). There are a lot of private wildlife consultants. There are lot of habitat managers. There are a lot of other folks on the periphery of the career, outfitters and such that can be involved with it, that there was very little of that in the past. “
More About My Guest:
Kip is a certified wildlife biologist and QDMA’s Director of Education & Outreach. He has a bachelor’s degree in wildlife and fisheries science from Penn State University and a master’s in wildlife from the University of New Hampshire. He’s also a certified taxidermist. Before joining QDMA, Kip was the deer and bear biologist for the New Hampshire Fish & Game Department. Kip and his wife Amy have a daughter and a son and they live in Knoxville, Pennsylvania.
Kip was also recently interviewed by Mark Kenyon from WiredToHunt.com and a previous guest here on Bowhunting Freedom. If you would like to hear more details about the QDMA’s Whitetail Report, then head over to the interview on WiredToHunt and listen to the program.
- QDMA’s website
- QDMA’s Facebook page
- QDMA’s Whitetail Report page to download the free report
- Kip’s recommended book “Undaunted Courage” by Steven Ambrose. This is the definitive book on Lewis and Clark’s exploration of the Louisiana Purchase, the most momentous expedition in American history and one of the great adventure stories of all time.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see to the left of this post and be sure to tell your hunting buddies as well.
A couple suggestions regarding ways that you can support the show and two ways to get something for FREE:
- Go to iTunes with this link Bowhunting Freedom with Philip Havens and leave an honest rating and review (one sentence is great). I assure you that I read each and every one. It is extremely valuable to me as a podcast content producer to have fans leaving a rating and/or a written review. I am extremely thankful to those who have taken the time to go into my listing in iTunes to provide an honest rating and a review. The show is also on Stitcher Radio if you are a fan of Android devices.
- Download the FREE career guide: BowhuntingFreedom.com/guide
- Download your first audiobook for FREE just for starting a 30 day trial of Audible. AudibleTrial.com/freedom. Choose from 180,000+ bestsellers, new releases, sci-fi, romances, mysteries, classics, and more. The service works with iPhones, Android phone, other smartphones, Kindles, tablets, and mp3 players. Go ahead and give it a try, no obligation and you get one book for free.
- Do you shop at Amazon.com? Please use my Amazon affiliate link to support me on purchases you are already making, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to you. As a matter of fact, you can make this really easy by creating a bookmark for Amazon.com to use BowhuntingFreedom.com/amazon
- Want to Know When the Next Bowhunting Freedom Podcast is Released? Get the Bowhunting Freedom newsletter: BowhuntingFreedom.com/newsletter
- Tell all of your friends about the podcast and encourage them to listen, subscribe, and leave a review.