Do you even like the work that you are doing? Join me as Jeff Rhoads from the World Went Dark Outdoors TV show talks about the challenges he faces as well as some lessons learned. A consistent theme of his interview is passion for what you do. There may be barriers to entry into the television show side of the bowhunting industry, but some of those barriers are not as big as you might think.
Guest’s Opening Quote:
In response to a question about how big the barrier to entry is, Jeff responded with…
“It is pretty low, yes. At this point it is. All those different avenues that are available now with the internet, with Youtube and Vimeo and all that stuff. It made that barrier very low, because you can expose it to millions and millions of people very easily, everybody including these TV networks are watching those things.”
More About My Guest:
Jeff was born and raised in Eastern PA and has been hunting since the age of 12. In 2007 he co-founded World Went Dark Outdoors, with his brother Jason Keffer and his passion is bowhunting the Whitetail Deer. World Went Dark Outdoors, WWDO for short, is a Pennsylvania-based hunting team and TV show that is in it’s second season on the Pursuit Channel.
- World Went Dark Outdoors website
- World Went Dark Outdoors Facebook page
- Follow World Went Dark Outdoors on Twitter
- Follow Jeff on Twitter
- Watch videos on World Went Dark Outdoors Youtube Channel
- World Went Dark Outdoors program information on Pursuit Channel
- Jeff’s book recommendation The Phoenix Project – A novel about IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see to the left of this post and be sure to tell your hunting buddies as well.
A couple suggestions regarding ways that you can support the show and two ways to get something for FREE:
- Go to iTunes with this link Bowhunting Freedom with Philip Havens and leave an honest rating and review (one sentence is great). I assure you that I read each and every one. It is extremely valuable to me as a podcast content producer to have fans leaving a rating and/or a written review. I am extremely thankful to those who have taken the time to go into my listing in iTunes to provide an honest rating and a review. The show is also on Stitcher Radio if you are a fan of Android devices.
- Download the FREE career guide: BowhuntingFreedom.com/guide
- Download your first audiobook for FREE just for starting a 30 day trial of Audible. AudibleTrial.com/freedom. Choose from 180,000+ bestsellers, new releases, sci-fi, romances, mysteries, classics, and more. The service works with iPhones, Android phone, other smartphones, Kindles, tablets, and mp3 players. Go ahead and give it a try, no obligation and you get one book for free.
- Do you shop at Amazon.com? Please use my Amazon affiliate link to support me on purchases you are already making, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to you. As a matter of fact, you can make this really easy by creating a bookmark for Amazon.com to use BowhuntingFreedom.com/amazon
- Want to Know When the Next Bowhunting Freedom Podcast is Released? Get the Bowhunting Freedom newsletter: BowhuntingFreedom.com/newsletter
- Tell all of your friends about the podcast and encourage them to listen, subscribe, and leave a review.