Do you have lots of good ideas about things to do or work to pursue? Do you ever actually take action on anything? Ideas plus action equals progress, learning, and maybe even failure, but ideas without action equals… well, not much really. Listen to Carrie Zylka talk about how she is able to manage her time with a full-time IT job at a major health provider, has a two-hour round trip commute, spend time with her husband, host two podcasts, be a wedding photographer, take care of a Percheron horse named Champ, and I think she even squeezes in some hunting somewhere.
Guest’s Opening Quote:
Anytime anyone ever asks me what advice I can give to a new hunter or a female hunter or anything, it’s the same thing every single time. Just do it. Just get out and do it. Give it a shot. What’s the worst that happens? You don’t kill anything? You fall down? Who cares?
About My Guest:
Carrie Zylka is from Wisconsin and she leads a very active lifestyle, balancing a full-time career with many “side” projects and activities. She was never a big fan of school and reflects back that she was pretty much a brat except when she was in the outdoors. You can read a pretty detailed biography here. Fast forward to today and now she is married, works full time in the health care industry, hosts multiple podcasts, is a fiction writer, owns and takes care of a Percheron horse named Champ, is a co-founder of the [Outdoor Podcast Channel][website3], and I’m certainly forgetting somethings. The bottom line is that she is busy, she works hard, she is full of ideas, she loves the outdoors, and she loves to encourage others to just get out and do something new.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see below this post and be sure to tell your hunting buddies as well.
A couple suggestions regarding ways that you can support the show and two ways to get something for FREE:
- Go to iTunes with this link Bowhunting Freedom with Philip Havens and leave an honest rating and review (one sentence is great). I assure you that I read each and every one. It is extremely valuable to me as a podcast content producer to have fans leaving a rating and/or a written review. I am extremely thankful to those who have taken the time to go into my listing in iTunes to provide an honest rating and a review. The show is also on Stitcher Radio if you are a fan of Android devices.
- Download the FREE career guide: BowhuntingFreedom.com/guide
- Download your first audiobook for FREE just for starting a 30 day trial of Audible. AudibleTrial.com/freedom. Choose from 180,000+ bestsellers, new releases, sci-fi, romances, mysteries, classics, and more. The service works with iPhones, Android phone, other smartphones, Kindles, tablets, and mp3 players. Go ahead and give it a try, no obligation and you get one book for free.
- Do you shop at Amazon.com? Please use my Amazon affiliate link to support me on purchases you are already making, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to you. As a matter of fact, you can make this really easy by creating a bookmark for Amazon.com to use BowhuntingFreedom.com/amazon
- Want to Know When the Next Bowhunting Freedom Podcast is Released? Get the Bowhunting Freedom newsletter: BowhuntingFreedom.com/newsletter
- Tell all of your friends about the podcast and encourage them to listen, subscribe, and leave a review.