Series: Favorite Downloads
This is the next in a series of the most downloaded podcast episodes. If you missed this one the first time around, here is your chance to hear it. What kind of an impact do you want to have with your work, your career, or your business ideas? My guest Adam Mattis, a co-host of the TV show Orion’s Kin, along with co-host Dr. Brooks Tiller (episode 072), are out to make a positive impact on the hunting community.
Adam said that it isn’t about the TV program as much as their desire to give a realistic view of what the hunting adventure is all about. It isn’t about the “kill shot”, but it is about the journey, the preparation, having a great time, enjoying an awesome adventure, building authentic relationships, and appreciating the opportunity to experience the outdoors.
I can see some parallels with what one does for work. I don’t think that your work should just be about the money. A career is like a journey, getting prepared for an adventure, unfolding one step at a time. Have you ever considered what kind of an impact or result you’d like to see in your career…. more than just what you will use the income for? Maybe today it the day to start thinking about it.
Guest’s Opening Quote:
“Hunting isn’t this evil thing that the mainstream media makes it out to be. It is actually a very important balance and oh, by the way, a better way to feed your family. If we can help perpetuate that message and if we don’t make a dime in the process, then it’s a win for us.”
About My Guest:
Adam Mattis is a co-host of the Orion’s Kin TV program, previously airing on the Pursuit Channel. When he is not hunting or working on some aspect of Orion’s Kin he works as a management consultant for a small consulting firm. His service in the Army during Operation Iraqi Freedom (I just love that word Freedom) gave him the expertise that he now uses in his consulting role. How? Well because his focus is on the military, law enforcement, and shooting sports industries. He also has earned degrees in Business, Information Technology, and an MBA.
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see below this post and be sure to tell your hunting buddies as well.
A couple suggestions regarding ways that you can support the show and two ways to get something for FREE:
- Go to iTunes with this link Bowhunting Freedom with Philip Havens and leave an honest rating and review (one sentence is great). I assure you that I read each and every one. It is extremely valuable to me as a podcast content producer to have fans leaving a rating and/or a written review. I am extremely thankful to those who have taken the time to go into my listing in iTunes to provide an honest rating and a review. The show is also on Stitcher Radio if you are a fan of Android devices.
- Download the FREE career guide: BowhuntingFreedom.com/guide
- Download your first audiobook for FREE just for starting a 30 day trial of Audible. AudibleTrial.com/freedom. Choose from 180,000+ bestsellers, new releases, sci-fi, romances, mysteries, classics, and more. The service works with iPhones, Android phone, other smartphones, Kindles, tablets, and mp3 players. Go ahead and give it a try, no obligation and you get one book for free.
- Do you shop at Amazon.com? Please use my Amazon affiliate link to support me on purchases you are already making, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to you. As a matter of fact, you can make this really easy by creating a bookmark for Amazon.com to use BowhuntingFreedom.com/amazon
- Want to Know When the Next Bowhunting Freedom Podcast is Released? Get the Bowhunting Freedom newsletter: BowhuntingFreedom.com/newsletter
- Tell all of your friends about the podcast and encourage them to listen, subscribe, and leave a review.