Series: Favorite Downloads
This is the next in a series of the most downloaded podcast episodes. If you missed this one the first time around, here is your chance to hear it. What is your reason for doing what you believe is important to do? Graham Oliver, founder of Mr. O Calls makes game calls because he really enjoys it, but also as a way to honor his father's legacy. His father, "Mr. O" to his high school students, taught Graham a love of the outdoors, how to hunt, and how to turn game calls on a lathe.
Graham is a craftsman, carefully shaping the rough wood pieces into very functional game calls, but also works of art. Some of his customers buy his calls and proudly display them in their homes because they are so beautiful. While Graham is honored that his customers appreciate their beauty, he really would like them to get outside and use them.
Guest's Opening Quote:
You really have to work hard, because you don't want to neglect your family to gain all this. Because if you gain all of this and lose your family, well what have you gained?
About My Guest:
Graham Oliver is married with three children, living in Tennessee. He is a full-time system electrician for a power company and "on the side" he makes awesome game calls - duck calls, turkey calls, deer calls, and predator calls. During the interview, he even offered to start making elk calls if someone asks him to do so. This shows his service mindset, wanting to make his customers happy. The name of his company Mr. O Calls was inspired by the nickname that his father had. His father was a teacher at the high school (he taught agriculture) and his students called him Mr. O. Graham wants to honor his father's legacy with his business and he wants to pass on to his children the same love of the outdoors that his father taught him.
- @MROCalls on Twitter
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks again for listening to the show! If it has helped you in any way, please share it using the social media buttons you see below this post and be sure to tell your hunting buddies as well.
A couple suggestions regarding ways that you can support the show and two ways to get something for FREE:
- Go to iTunes with this link Bowhunting Freedom with Philip Havens and leave an honest rating and review (one sentence is great). I assure you that I read each and every one. It is extremely valuable to me as a podcast content producer to have fans leaving a rating and/or a written review. I am extremely thankful to those who have taken the time to go into my listing in iTunes to provide an honest rating and a review. The show is also on Stitcher Radio if you are a fan of Android devices.
- Download the FREE career guide: BowhuntingFreedom.com/guide
- Download your first audiobook for FREE just for starting a 30 day trial of Audible. AudibleTrial.com/freedom. Choose from 180,000+ bestsellers, new releases, sci-fi, romances, mysteries, classics, and more. The service works with iPhones, Android phone, other smartphones, Kindles, tablets, and mp3 players. Go ahead and give it a try, no obligation and you get one book for free.
- Do you shop at Amazon.com? Please use my Amazon affiliate link to support me on purchases you are already making, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST to you. As a matter of fact, you can make this really easy by creating a bookmark for Amazon.com to use BowhuntingFreedom.com/amazon
- Want to Know When the Next Bowhunting Freedom Podcast is Released? Get the Bowhunting Freedom newsletter: BowhuntingFreedom.com/newsletter
- Tell all of your friends about the podcast and encourage them to listen, subscribe, and leave a review.